Friday, June 15, 2018

Introducing the Social Justice Crusader

To the term "social justice warrior" I take great exception as to its validity in terms of the connotations that "warrior" tends to evoke.  Having trained in warrior culture for forty seven years to date, I can say without equivocation that the "social justice warrior" is not.

In objection to the abusively false nature of the use of "warrior" that this case represents, I propose a substitution to yield a new term, "social justice crusader".  Those who are knowledgeable of the relevant history of the crusades may chafe at this, and I fully understand why.  However, in the minds of the sorts of people who fancy themselves warriors, "crusader" is about as pejorative a term and they might imagine.  Therefore, I find "crusader" a very appropriate appellation for the sorts of people who think they are something that they so clearly are not.

It is not my purpose to insult such people, but to expose them for what they are and apply a moniker more closely a fit to their truer nature and status.

Until next time, please accept my best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment